Pros and Cons of unpaid internship or paid internship in Pakistan
The more an intern is used to benefit a for-profit employer, and the intern performs productive work, it is more likely that the intern is an employee and therefore entitled to be paid properly.
Interns for state and local government, as well as certain types of nonprofit internships, are exempt from some of the restrictions that govern unpaid internships.
Pros and Cons of Paid Internship
1. You gain valuable work experience, which helps build your CV and broadens your horizons
2. You grow your network. Expand connections and socially build a professional network
3. If it is a paid internship, you are smiling on your way to the bank.
4. You will be looked upon as a person with “real world” experience
5. You become awesome to future employers
6. You become more disciplined with respect to time and work. Overall develop better work-management skills
7. You will see an increase in your confidence levels to deal with issues, interviews and be able to negotiate a better salary later on.
Pros and Cons of Unpaid Internship
According to a report if you find you cannot pay your intern, you must meet these six criteria for determining trainee status:
The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training, which would be given in an educational environment;
The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;
The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;
Of course, every coin has two sides, so there has to be a flip-side in this case, too. And there are a couple of issues with doing an unpaid internship
You won’t have enough free time during your holidays to stay useless and become a couch potato
If it is an unpaid internship – it might strain your savings.
Soft Tarbiyah Associate is providing this opportunity with a unique method of learning and earning opportunity.
STA believes in developing and contributing towards a healthy self-sustainable socio economic growth model, students passing out internships develop a sense of achievement and know how the organization functions virtually.